Thursday, May 15, 2008

Round 08 Tips

Round 07 seems like an eternity ago. The Hall Of Fame Tribute Match was OK, but it lacked any real passion. It's a sorry sight when a mexican wave gets people interested at the footy, and boy was I interested!!! :D

The Tigers let me down last week. Bloody Richmond!!! Hopefully they don't do the same this week.

I can't believe the value I got for Western Bulldogs last week, but I'll take it every time. Almost as good as the value in the Demons, shame I sunk all my hard-earned into the Doggies.

Still 7 isn't bad, even though everyone else seemed to get 7 by tipping St Kilda. Bloody Richmond!!!

St. Kilda Vs Collingwood
Could go either way, but I think Mick Malthouse has been too busy whingeing this week to get any coaching done. Saints for me.

Hawthorn Vs Port Adelaide
I'm of the impression that the Adelaide teams don't do too bad at Aurora, so this could be a good watching game. At the end of the day though I think its Hawks and Cats undefeated until round 17...and then one must fall. (Unless its a draw) :D

Richmond Vs Geelong
Tigers have been OK lately, but the Cats will finally hit their straps on the wide open spaces of the MCG.

Carlton Vs Brisbane Lions
Carlton have been a bit wobbly lately, while Brisbane took it up to the Cats for 3 quarters last round. Lions by a nose.

Kangaroos Vs West Coast
West Coast are dead. D.E.D. Ded! Kangas with some injuries, but that's still not enough for the Eagles.

Adelaide Vs Melbourne
Dees finally show some spirit with Austin Wannabeerme sparking the Dees to victory against an insipid Dockers outfit. I guess the Cat Attack just broke their back.

Sydney Vs Essendon
Dons, dons, dons, dons, dons. What went wrong. Supposedly the fastest team in the league...only because they're in the back of an ambulance. Sydney to strangle the Dons, and then like a Python will spend the next month in a cave digesting their sorry remains.

Fremantle Vs Western Bulldogs
Freo. What can I say? You did ya best against the Cats, but it wasn't good enough. Just as opposition coaches have figured out Franklin with "Buddyline" soon they will have figured out the Cats. Will it be called "Play perfectly for 4 full quarters"? Only time will tell. Dogs to win with their 2's side.

My Certainties: Hawthorn, Geelong, Kangaroos, Adelaide, Western Bulldogs.

There you have it, my tips for round 08. I've updated the tally after last week's games.

Correct Tips Last Round: 7
Correct Tips So Far: 42
Tips %: 75
Certainties Last Round: 3
Total Certainty Predictions: 27
Total Certainties Correct: 23
Certainties %: 85

No comments: